You are here
Tax Planning & Compliance
Gunnip & Company's tax department provides strategic tax planning and compliance services to both businesses and individuals. From the growing professional to the experienced business owner, or the retiree enjoying the golden years of life, the primary goal of our tax professionals is to be our clients' partner, an advisor throughout the year.
Tax Planning and Consulting Services
Annual tax compliance without strategic tax planning can be more costly than necessary. While we must all pay taxes, we strive to help our clients pay no more than is required by the various taxing authorities. We believe frequent communication throughout the year is the key to effective tax planning. When informed of prospective changes in our clients' lives, employment or business, we can help formulate plans that will be as tax efficient as possible for their particular situation.
Tax Compliance Services
We provide a wide range of compliance services for both individuals and businesses. Tax returns that the Gunnip & Company tax team prepare include:
- Federal and state individual income tax returns
- Federal and state income tax returns for S Corporations, C Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Trusts and Estates
- Federal and state gift tax and estate and/or inheritance tax returns
- Annual reports and/or returns for qualified retirement plans
- Form 990 for non-profit organizations
- Form 5500 for employee benefit plans
In addition to tax return preparation, Gunnip & Company tax professionals can assist with preparation of tax-related documentation including 1099s, K-1s and other related forms.
Examples of Individual Tax Planning Issues:
- Income analysis with income tax planning and projections
- Compensation tax withholding issues and planning for estimated tax payments
- Multi-state income tax planning and assistance with residency decisions
- Lifetime gift planning including charitable gift planning
- Planning for sale of a home or second/rental home and like-kind exchanges
- Executive compensation planning and analysis
- Stock option analysis and planning
- Retirement saving and income planning including considerations regarding minimum required distributions, retirement plan withdrawals, IRA strategies, etc.
Examples of Business Planning Issues:
- Choice of entity and tax implications
- Asset contributions and/or purchases
- Income distributions and/or asset sales or like-kind exchange planning
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Succession planning ideas and implications
We look forward to working with you to maximize your tax efficiency and manage all your individual and business tax planning needs. For more information regarding our tax services, please contact:
We're An Authorized IRS e-file Provider
Experience is the Difference®